Versatile Pressure Mapping System
I-Scan™ is a powerful tool that accurately measures and analyzes interface pressure between two surfaces, utilizing a thin and flexible sensor. The system is comprised of data acquisition electronics, sensors, and software. Measuring both force and pressure, the exceptionally thin tactile sensor provides minimal interference between the objects being measured, allowing the true interface pressure data to be obtained. The interface pressure data collected offers vital information and insight to enhance product design, manufacturing, quality, and research.
Over 200 flexible, thin film tactile pressure sensors are available in different sizes, shapes, resolutions, temperature ratings, and pressure ranges (up to 25,000 psi or 1,700 bar).
- High spatial resolution
- Up to 248 sensing elements/cm2 (1,600 sensing elements/in2)
- Sensing elements with as narrow as 0.6 mm (0.02 in.) spacing
- Sensing area ranging from 3 mm x 3 mm (.12 in. x .12 in.) to up to 1,734 mm x 1,768 mm (68 in. x 69 in.)
- Optional high-temp sensors can withstand up to 200°C (392°F)
- Fully customized sensors can be manufactured
- Increase the distance between your sensor and electronics with our reusable tab extenders